ACRO receives volunteers from all around the world who come to share, teach and learn as they participate to the NGO’s activities.
If you want to volunteer with ACRO, the simplest way to do it is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just tell us a little bit about yourself and why you wish to volunteer with us and we’ll reply within the shortest time.
Here is what you should know before applying :
We host you for your stay and provide food and accommodation while you’re with us.
Transportation is included in the cost of your stay.
All this has a cost and we ask you to contribute to the association’s expense at the amount of 120 USD per week.
If you need us to get you from the airport, we can come and pick you up for 20 USD.
If you are not a Tanzanian citizen, additional costs you need to take in account are :
- Visa fees which depend on the country you’re from,
- Immigration fees that go up to 200 USD for you’re whole stay. In Tanzania, volunteering is considered a professional activity and requires a permit. If it is possible to ignore this in some countries Tanzanian police don’t joke with this and you will get a short time to leave the country if you get caught trespassing. We take care of this formality with you at the immigration office at your arrival.
These are all the expenses you will encounter with us. It is important to us to communicate as clearly as possible on the question so as not to have bad surprises in this area.
Our working hours change depending on the activities we carry during the day but we usually work from something around 9 to 5. You may use your week ends as opportunities to discover the beautiful region of Kilimanjaro. We can help you arrange the vacation part of your trip if you need.
Depending on your wishes and the opportunities available at the time, you may be brought to work on our different actions which are :
- Working in the tree nursery to provide and care for the association’s trees,
- Tree planting and environmental awareness raising in schools,
- Helping widows develop sustainable economic activities,
- Promoting responsible and organic agriculture and fish farming,
- Fund-raising for the association.
We are open to suggestions so feel free to share your ideas on what you want to do while you’re with us.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask us through our email and we’ll respond to it as quickly as possible.